Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pause simulation to update model

Pause simulation to update model

When observing model results during the solving phase, one knows quickly if something is not right (boundary condition, material assignment, etc.).  It would be helpful to "pause" the simulation to update these issues and then resume or re-run without the need to download / upload the simulation results between changes.  The cancel option is useful sometimes, but the meshing procedure must be repeated afterwards.

Also, when a simulation is complete, there should be an option of making changes and resuming prior to downloading the results.  If, for example, I want to run additional iterations for flow or heat transfer, currently I must wait for the download to complete, make my updates, then upload the latest results for the simulation to "resume."  This wastes time and bandwidth.  Results on the 360 server should be maintained for some period until the user decides to download the results.

1 Comment
hartogj
Community Manager

Thanks for the suggestion. A new Sim 360 beta program (previously known as Project Simulus) behaves closer to what you've described.

Curious to hear what others think about this?

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report