Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-planar Bulk Calculator

Non-planar Bulk Calculator

I would like to be able to calculate the flow rate using a radial perspective.

Think of measurements coming of a radial fan and being able to measure the flow going linear and radial.

Current Workflow:
Create a multi-sided polygon and then use bulk-calc to get the flow rate through each surface.
5 Comments
hartogj
Community Manager

This is an interesting idea. Just so we better understand it, can you describe the application you are running? I am picturing a simulation of an open fan (no housing) modeled with a rotating region but wanted to be sure.

Thanks,

Jon

Product Manager

hartogj
Community Manager
Status changed to: Comments Requested

bravo03
Participant

Yes.  You have the general idea.  I attached a similar image to what I am analyzing.  All of the flow enters vertically through the top and bottom and then exits radially in all 360 degrees. 

Rotosolver

hartogj
Community Manager

Thanks for the image - that's a big help. I appreciate how measuring the radial component there would be difficult. If others have similar needs, please leave comments here. We will do some investigation in the meantime.

Thanks,

Jon

ryan.arnaudin
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

While we like this idea, it doesn't align with the current development schedule, so I am marking it for Future Consideration. This will allow comments and votes to stay open, and we will review this again when we revisit bulk calculator or radial flow applications. 

Thanks,

Ryan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report