Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improved Feedback that the CFD 360 Client is crunching the results

Improved Feedback that the CFD 360 Client is crunching the results

I've learned to look at the lower left corner to see if its working through loading the results data after a run is completed and I've activated a scenario, but MANY times it is working on things in the background and that area is blank.  Computer is totally responsive, so I get the feeling that its not doing anything, but then if I let it sit all of a sudden it wakes up and starts crunching and then might show me its walking through the iteration #'s. 

For example, last nights motion run had 4600 iterations in total, 250 time steps and a large number of save intervals.  The job finished downloading from the cloud at 6am, its 8:30 now, and the desktop client should have had some sort of feedback that its crunching data.  Otherwise I think its stuck.  I changed scenarios and came back, it walked through the iteration #'s and is now just sitting there again.  I have NO IDEA if its ready or not....but I see there's an icon with the arrows in the circle telling me its not complete, but I'd had those stick around after a stuck analysis.  I also click on the solve and it says STOP, not SOLVE.  So from this I know its doing something.  Some analyses I've seen this to indicate its REALLY stuck, and others like this will just take a while.  I've got minimal CPU usage right now, so that gets me concerned.

So maybe two ideas:

1) Better feedback we're actively crunching results data

2) If all the work is being done at the desktop at this point, the power of the desktop needs to be utilized more, lets allow higher priority to get the work done and use more CPU.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report