Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

generate mesh without setting up all the material properties, BCs, ICs...

generate mesh without setting up all the material properties, BCs, ICs...

It will be nice if we can mesh the geometries and check if meshing will be successful before setting up all the material properties, BCs, ICs.,..etc.

It will be nice to know where/how the mesh fails if meshing fails.

6 Comments
ryan.arnaudin
Alumni

Hi Pei-Ying,

Thanks for the feedback. Certainly the mesh/geometry diagnostics and feedback can be improved; do you happen to have any models with issues that you could share with the development team?

It's worth noting that the mesh is, to some degree, dependent on materials and boundary conditions -- for example, where mesh enhancement layers will be inflated. This doesn't mean that surface and volume diagnotics couldn't be performed earlier in the process though.

Ryan

Royce_adsk
Community Manager

Hi Pei-Ying,

A typical process I follow is setup the model with air to fluid volumes, aluminum to solids parts, and pressure BCs to openings.  At this point I start to test my meshing.  When troubleshooting meshing I never setup my entire model.

-Royce

Mohdkashif784
Advocate

it should be

Mohdkashif784
Advocate

Meshing the model with extra features like uniform meshing for some surfaces etc cause MESH size more than 10M.

And then computer can not mesh it and usually held hold for many hours.

How can we solve this large size meshing problem.

On the other hand mesh without extra features do not gives accurate result esp pressure at different point.

how can we find that the result are mesh dependent rather than any design problem"

ryan.arnaudin
Alumni

@Mohdkashif784 if you contact support they would be happy to help work through any issues you are having in finding a balanced mesh for your analysis. Alternatively you can post on the CFD forums if you do not mind the conversation occurring in public. This space is intended for discussion about ideas for improvements. 

Thanks,

Ryan

Mohdkashif784
Advocate
My comments indicate the requirement of above mentioned IDEA regarding MESH.
I have posted the topic in forum.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report