Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate Opening Up Each Scenario that Needs to Processed

Automate Opening Up Each Scenario that Needs to Processed

As a user I want to be able to access my results without needing to wait to open each one of my finished scenarios and wait for them to processed. 

This can take a lot of time especially if you take advantage of 360 to run multiple simulations overnight.

We understand compiling these results without having the UI open would be difficult, but being able to tell the UI after you have opened the design study to loop through all pending jobs would save some time from having the user cycle through each finished job.

5 Comments

Could triggers be used to accomplish this task?  One of the events in the triggers functionality is solver finished.

Royce_adsk
Community Manager

Hi Heath,

I did look into using Triggers, but the issue is if you loop through a model that has some scenarios that have already been processed we don't know what the state of that model and when to move onto the next one.  Likewise, if I were to loop through a model that is still solving in the cloud, I don't know that either.

I think triggers would work if you only send all your jobs to the cloud and you wait for all of them to finish.

We can talk about this more offline.

-Royce

Royce_adsk
Community Manager

The first revision of the SimCFD Design Study Loader has been released to the app store.  This helps resolve this request.

ryan.arnaudin
Alumni
Status changed to: Solution Provided

Please install Royce's new app and let us know what you think!

philip.s
Alumni
Status changed to: Implemented

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea