8 Kudos
nhahn

advection scheme labels / solution details wizard

by Valued Contributor nhahn on ‎02-24-2014 07:49 AM

Improve the labeling for the advection schemes.  1-5 doesn't help, and every time I want to change it I have to go to the help file to remind me.  Put the name and/or a short list of what it's used for in the dialog box. 

Actually, to make it much more user-friendly make a wizard for different analysis types (internal compressible, pressure driven, AEC, natural convection, etc) that automatically pre-selects the right solution details per the help guidelines such as advection scheme, turbulence model, results outputs, etc.  This would be pretty cool now that I think about it. (Just let me skip the wizard if I want to.)

Comments
by Mike.Hattingh on ‎04-11-2014 09:21 AM

I totally agree with this suggestion. These options should be on the first tab of the Solve dialog, instead of taking multiple picks and clicks to select and change ADV. Be a big plus for usability - Go Autodesk!!

by Employee on ‎05-13-2014 08:27 AM

It is just not an easy task to put all advanced settings in the first tab of solve dialog. The ADV settings info was also in the design study bar, solve settings section. The Turbulence or ADV dialog can be opened from the design study bar.

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.