Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A bug in clip feature

A bug in clip feature

From what I understand, the clip feature "hollows out" the geometry and thus only the outter most surfaces of walls and BCs remain. Then it cuts these surfaces off at the clipping plane and thus you get a sealed surface of walls, BCs and clipping plane, giving an illusion of cut geometry. But when I use it, I see an anomaly there. Have a look at the attached pic.

clip.png

As you can see, the walls and BCs are not cut exactly at the clipping plane and extend beyond it. This doesn't look like what I want. The workaround I am using is to adjust the position of clipping plane so that the "actual cut" is at the middle plane and finally seal it off with the middle plane, but this still leaves very small projections of these walls uncut and clabbers the view. 

Can this bug be corrected please?

Regards

Omkar

1 Comment
hartogj
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted
Thanks for detailing the issue. This has been reviewed by the QA team and is now being tracked. It turns out that resolving this will not be trivial and it involves some fairly significant changes. But now at least we have a record of the issue and can work towards it. Thanks, Jon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report