Community
SimStudio Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s SimStudio Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular SimStudio topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please help Arc De Triomphe, concave objects

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
steveh2112
277 Views, 1 Reply

please help Arc De Triomphe, concave objects

hi, i have just started with remake and very interested to see what it can do. i captured about 50 screens shots from google earth of the Arc De Triomphe in Paris.

i did one circle at ground level, about 20-30 degrees per pic, so about 15pics, then another pass at about 45deg elevation, also 15 pics, then a final pass at about 80deg elevation, also 15 pics

i process online and when the model comes back it looks like something salvador dali painted, its melted, i've uploaded the .rcm and a couple of the source pics.

can anyone suggest what i'm doing wrong or can remake just not handle something  like this?

thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
I_Forge_KC
in reply to: steveh2112

Hey Steve,

Welcome to the forums!

First off, I'll get this moved to the ReMake forum where there are more appropriate users and experts ready to help.

Secondly, I think there are a couple of issues with your process. I don't think you're giving enough information with 20-30 degrees between shots. Most good photogrammetry happens at much smaller intervals (5-15). Next up, I'm not sure that using the 3D model like that will yield very good results. The lighting being as it is will be very VERY difficult for the algorithm to catch points of interest in overlapping shots.

With all that being said, I think your model is actually a pretty good recreation given that your input info was screenshots from an already auto-created digital mesh!

K. Cornett
Generative Design Consultant / Trainer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report