Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VRAY_error: UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: Memory allocation vray

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
29800 Views, 2 Replies

VRAY_error: UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: Memory allocation vray

Hi guys

I am using 3ds Max 2009 SP1 with Vray. While rendering I am getting this error:

"UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: Memory allocation failure; 560000 bytes requested; 1334569212 bytes already in heap.Last marker is at .\src\vrayrenderer.cpp, line 1682: Preparing ray server Please note that although this error is generating by V-Ray, it may not be V-Ray that caused it. etc..."

I don't know y this error is coming and what does it mean. My system configuration is:

Win XP 32
4 GB Ram
Memory: 3070MB RAM
Page File: 2088MB used, 2867MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Grahic Card: AMD FireStream 9170
Display Memory: 2048.0 MB

Please tell me y this problem is coming and the solution also.

Thanx

Rajesh Juneja
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

i think you have a insufficiently memory.use vray proxy or xref some objects
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Rajesh,
I just had the same problem and I was looking all over the internet without any luck. My scene is huge, in fact, the vray is dropping me the common error "scene bounding box is too large" but I learn to not to pay attention to it. I've finally found the problem of the UNHANDLED EXCEPTION. As m.o.n.s said, it is a memory problem, so when I knew that when I readed that in some other post, I increased the memory of my pc to 8 gb (Im working on Max 64) but it didnt solve the problem. So after a few trial and error with my scene I found that the problem was a new light that I was using, a native 3dsmax light with native shadow map. I readed in some other forum of vray, that it cant handle correctly the memory that that kind of shadows require so that gave me the clue. The problem wasnt exactly only that light, the problem actually was, that that light was affecting hi geometry object with a vrey complex shader of water. When I turn off the layer of the object and keep the light there wasnt problem, but for me, the final solution was to turn off the light, obviously and use a vray light or use an standard light but with vray shadow maps. Hope it helps you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report