Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Rendering - Super Zoomed

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
voidray
1013 Views, 2 Replies

Video Rendering - Super Zoomed

Hi All

Long time lurker, first time poster here.I have been using 3dMax 2009 for quite a while now. I just recently upgraded to 2015. Wow, what a world of difference. So far I like what I see 🙂 I did have a question though, and I’m afraid it might be a bit of a silly one—Please forgive me in advanced--my experience with 3dmax has been a very limited/basic use – The extent of what I use it for pretty much consists of loading a video in the background and animating objects in the foreground. Nothing too complex I’m afraid. Anyway, I’ve tried to render a new video sequence and it appears the camera is super zoomed in on my final output. I have a 1440x1080 video loaded in my “8” (I don’t remember what it is called off hand, I only know when I press the 8 key a window comes up and I load my video using the bitmap option). I also load my video into my viewport backgrounds. Everything works fine in terms of animating my sequences (I’ve used this method in 3dmax 5,6,7 and 2009), it generates the most perfect results (for me at least). Now, in 2015, the only real problem is when I render, it shows a super-zoomed up shot of my video. For example, Ill have a shot of a dining room, and I have the entire video loaded in my viewports perfectly. I’ve created a chair and am set to render, but when I render, my video only shows a super-zoomed shot of the light switch which is a very small portion of my background video (my foreground objects (chair) are perfectly fine). I cant figure out why this is happening. I toyed with the aspect/zoom feature (the bottom right hand corner of Max) and I get even worse results – the room is now “3d” and there are folds/bends in my video. I was hoping anyone can shed some light on this. I just want my video to be played out like normal with my objects where I placed them.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
PROH
in reply to: voidray

Hi. One of changes in Max since v2009 is the default setting for environment maps. In v2009 it was "screen", but since v2014 it's "spherical". So you just need to change this setting. Press 8 and drag the environment map to a slot in you material editor (compact mode), and choose "instanced" when asked. Here you change "spherical" to "screen", and your problem should be solved.

Hope it helps
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Message 3 of 3
voidray
in reply to: PROH

Thank you so much! I did as you said and it worked flawlessly. I appreciate your assistance 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report