Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UV Unwrapping Misuse of tool ?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
FalconCrest
672 Views, 7 Replies

UV Unwrapping Misuse of tool ?

Hi, this is a spin off question from my Green Object after UV question.  If you create a cylindrical based shape, delete UV's on this shape, and now you want to recreate a perfectly flat UV that is square in shape, I would assume this is possible with the new UVUnfold tools in Maya it is not the result I'm getting. 

Steps.

1. Create the cylinrical based shape

2. Apply cylindrical UV projection

3. Load UV Editor

4. Select the desired edges that should be cut

5. Split the UV's

6. Unfold Tool

I'm either expecting the UVUnwrap tool to work other then how it does work, or I'm doing something wrong ?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
damaggio
in reply to: FalconCrest

It works like a charm on my machine.

Message 3 of 8
FalconCrest
in reply to: damaggio

Are you breaking up the UV segments but selecting some polygons, converting the selection to UV's then moving the UV island around then applying the interactive unfold and relax, that is how I got it to work, a little tedius, I was hoping it could be sped up somewhat ?

Message 4 of 8
damaggio

I did exactly as described in your first post.... Used unfold 3d option maya 2015.... Get used , uvs are a necessary pain sometimes... It's gotten a lot easier lately
Message 5 of 8
FalconCrest
in reply to: damaggio

It could be the way my object was modelled. I want to unwrap a segment of my object as a strip the interactive unfold does nothing ?

Message 6 of 8
FalconCrest

I have it solved, thanks for those who offered to help 🙂
Message 7 of 8
_sebastian_f

why marking your own post as solution while it doesn´t offer any solution? leaving the solution here for other people facing the same problem would maybe justify it.
Message 8 of 8
FalconCrest
in reply to: _sebastian_f

The solution was, there wasn't really a solution, I did some experimentation and so now I have a strong grasp of the UV editor in Maya, so I decided to mark the last comment as the solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report