Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using/Running Back burner Server when computer is idle or not logged in.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1091 Views, 7 Replies

Using/Running Back burner Server when computer is idle or not logged in.

Hi:

I was wondering if It was possible to make it so that, In a computer lab setting, the backburner server would only run / render only when the computer is idle or no user is logged in. 

I have attempted working some with task scheduler and running it as a service to not much effect. 

Is it possible that backburner has settings that need to be set that I am missing?

Thanks,

Joe

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
BenBisares
in reply to: Anonymous

You can setup the Backburner Server to run as a Windows service instead of using the Server application. You would then associate that service with an account in particular.

If the computer is logged into that account then the Backburner server will run automatically. It should also work if no one is logged in but I need to check it out.

Take a look at page 59 in the installation guide (Backburner 2011 I know but the steps remain the same) in the following link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?id=15047321&siteID=123112

If it's not clear tell me, I can walk you through it. It's easy to do but it could get confusing if you haven't done something like this before.

Ben Bisares
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: BenBisares

We are having great difficulty getting things to trigger in Windows 7...

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: BenBisares

I have followed those directions and I got ther server to run automaticaly about once maybe twice. But that still leaves me with the issue of only running it when the computer is idle or not logged in. Also I forgot to mention that it will be in a domain user setting. 

Thanks,

Joe

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

There is a login script you can use for this which is mentioned in the BB documentation.

It stops the BB service when someone logs in, and starts it when they log out.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Really? If so thats great! Which page is it? I seem to have missed it.  Is it in the installation or user guide?

Thanks!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

I can't seem to find it either, but I did read it somewhere. I use server service, but not the login script, so I don't have it, or remember the set up.

It was maybe in the help for a previous version.

There must be someone around using it that will know how to set it up.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

I knew it was in there somewhere.

Link

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report