Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two version of bb on machine bad?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
grue1970
272 Views, 4 Replies

two version of bb on machine bad?

i'm finding some great info on backburner on these forums.  i haven't found one yet though that says whether or not having multiple versions is a OK or bad?

i have max design 2014 and max design 2015 on my machine and render nodes.  in the help it seems to indicate that backburner 2015 is running even though i'm using max design 2014 to render.  (Queue Monitor - Help About, Manager - Help About etc... )

is it best to remove?  technically, i thought there was no "2014" or "2015" version? just to confirm either version of 2014 or 2015 max design will automatically launch the correct version of BB?

thanks,

3ds Max all versions past and present | GPU Rendering on 2 machines | Standard, MentalRay, MentalRay IRAY, IRAY+, VRAY, Arnold
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
zoubein
in reply to: grue1970

In my experience its best to only have one version. I dont think you can have two versions installed anyway.

Message 3 of 5
CAMedeck

I believe the installation of a new version of Backburner eliminates the old version.  However, you can still send jobs from Max 2014 to Backburner 2015.  The versions of Backburner shouldn't matter too much, as far as I know.  Many will tell you that not much has changed in BB for quite some time.  

Chris Medeck
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
grue1970
in reply to: CAMedeck

attached is what my bb server looks like when i load it.  it refers to both.  i've looked in the autodesk folders for 2014 and '15 and see tons of dll's related to backburner server/manager/monitor.

when i look in windows 7 pro control panel > add/remove programs, i only have backburner 2015 listed.  same in the autodesk start menu group.

i guess ultimately i'm running into issues 🙂  max on my machine (the manager machine) keeps crashing at 2.6% rendered with maxadapter error.  not sure if it's BB related or 3ds max design 2014 exe related.

finallly i have no windows service installed for server/manager or monitor.

probably one of those things to unistall everything.  thanks for the feedback.

3ds Max all versions past and present | GPU Rendering on 2 machines | Standard, MentalRay, MentalRay IRAY, IRAY+, VRAY, Arnold
Message 5 of 5
grue1970

i ended up renaming the ENU folder to reset max to default user settings and this, once again solved the issue.  crazy.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report