Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Textures not appearing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
08-jmarsh
317 Views, 1 Reply

Textures not appearing

Hello there,

Now I downloaded a model from The Models Resource just so I could have a play around with maya to see what it could do, when I imported TailsEV_ColladaMax.DAE I was presented with the following screens: Error box 12.PNG3.PNGI thought that I'd do a test render and when I did I was presented with this texture-less model8.jpgI checked hypershade to see if all the assets were present and all were binded to the right parts of the body5.PNG4.PNG

I then used the attribute editor to check as well6.PNG7.PNGI then tried the trusted method of converting the material to a lambert with a texture instead9.PNGAll it did was change some areas of the model grey10.jpgDoes anybody know how to sort it out and how to fix it just incase this happens to a model that I actually need to use?

Thanks,

James

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
daytonpa
in reply to: 08-jmarsh

You probably don't have the Texture assigned to the material.  You can assign the texture in the attribute editor by selecting the checkered box in the Color setting under the Common Material Attributes dropdown menu.  You can also assign the texture in the Hypershade (Window -> Rendering Editors -> Hypershade) and Middle-Mouse-Drag the texture to the mesh.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report