Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing AMD FireRender for architectural visualization

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
481 Views, 0 Replies

Testing AMD FireRender for architectural visualization

Hi everyone.

I have been working in this picture to test FireRender for architectural visualization. Although there are a lot of things that can be improved in the scene, I have been able to make some observations that could be useful for the renderer development.

Test6337p3838s.jpg

In general terms the plugin has seemed to me very good, fast, robust and solid though in a development stage.  

I think that for interior scenes the GI system has a low response for the indirect illumination generated by the hdr environment producing issues for the natural lighting simulation. 

In this test I have used an hdr environment setted in this way.

HDRSettings.jpg

The next sample has been rendered only using the hdr for lighting and the exposure control in the FireRender settings switched to "None".

TestGINoExp.JPG

Setting the exposure to Linear with values Exposure=0,1; F-Stop=6 and ISO=100  and trying with other exposures there are undesirable burns.

TestGIExp0.5F6ISO100.JPG

To solve this I had to put some fill lights to improve the indirect lighting.

TestGIFillLights.JPG

I think that this could be solved with a bounce intensity control for the indirect lighting produced by the hdr, but I´m not sure of that so I invite you to discuss on this topic. Any suggestion that you would like to add is welcome.

Regards.

Arq. Leo V.

Tags (1)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report