Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sofware renderer not render linear

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
1084 Views, 10 Replies

Sofware renderer not render linear

Hello,
when using Maya software renderer output file is sRGB. With the same setting (Color menagment on) mental rey renders linear.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
damaggio
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello info, Maya software cannot render an EXR 32 bit file "Linear"...only mental ray and Hardware 2.0.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: damaggio

Hello,
I understand, but it looks more complicated. Example, two textures, 1 - photo in the channel color checker, 2 - checker shader in the channel color.
textura 1 - render sRGB
textura 2 - render Linear
How to work with Maya software, in one scene I have different textures.
In Annex example.

Message 4 of 11
damaggio

Hi info, could you check that you have not changed these default color management settings...

It's common to panic and start messing with Maya's settings, I've done  that  a few times with the early realease of 2016 because I was confused , stick to the defaults they were designed to work in linear and give you the right result.

Just remember the render window has Save color managed images and remember that Normal textures and HDR/EXR textures should be set to "Raw" under the file Attributes "Color Space"

No need to do anything else with Maya texture nodes or images you bring into Maya or bump maps.

Let us know if it helped.

Message 5 of 11
damaggio

Forgot the render view was not showing my gamma space setting...here again..

I get the same result with Myaya software and Mental.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

If you use a shader checker mental and software renderer work out in linear.
But try in one scene use shader checker and material with a photo in the channel color. Checker is render liner,  material with photo is render sRGB. This is the mistake. 

Message 7 of 11
damaggio

You are correct Info, it's not rendering Image textures, i recommend using Mental ray instead... I do not know the reason, it's weird in fact, maybe is a bug.

Message 8 of 11
damaggio

Im testing in 2015...
Message 9 of 11
damaggio

It works in 2015...

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

Hey,
thanks, at least I know it does not work, but How is it possible that the renderer does not work.

It is unbelievable how lazy is autodesk. I reported another problem, autodesk answer - yes, this error has been known since version 2014. It sounds ridiculous because now we have a version 2016.

Message 11 of 11
damaggio

Yeah I don't know it either info, I've been having problems with my 2016 installation so it could be related to that. We would need other users here to test in their machines to see if the problem happens with everyone... I just upgraded to Sp4 . 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report