Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanline render issue ; multiple shadow recievers

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
TobiRe96
615 Views, 1 Reply

Scanline render issue ; multiple shadow recievers

Hey guys whats up ?

I have a problem with the good old scanline renderer.

At the moment I´m working on a project where I animate a "devil monster" , hunting a person under a bridge.

I render with scanline. The problem is that i´d like to rebuild this bridge in 3d in order to get most realistic light and shadow results. However as soon as I make more than one Matte/shadow object , they begin to cast shadows onto each other and everything looks horrible. How do I get rid of those grey boxes ?? ( 

Take a look at the pictures ( first is rendered only with the ground - everything is fine, second is the complete rebuild, third is the render of the complete rebuild  ) :

I hope you can help me 

best regards

Tobi

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jeff
in reply to: TobiRe96

Instead of using matte/shadow on everything, what if you make the ground matte/shadow, and for the other meshes, use a standard grey material and set the Object Properties to not "visible to camera" (uncheck) -- they will still cast shadows on the ground, but should otherwise be invisible.

Max since 1992 (3d Studio) · Win 10-64 · Wintel workstation · 64 GB RAM · nVidia Quadro RTX 4000 · BB render garden via Deadline

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report