Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save and Load View/Camera Position?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
lolwatt
4841 Views, 2 Replies

Save and Load View/Camera Position?

Hello!

I did some research around but I couldn't find the answer. I'm sorry if this was answered before.

I'm rendering some 3D characters for a 2D top down game. The character will have 8 positions, aka 4 renders.

As I am rendering the 3D model to become a 2D model in all four positions, I got this nice view, perfect for when the character is turning.

Screenshot 2014-09-02 05.00.20.png

Finally, I rendered this model just like I wanted with this camera angle.

Now the question is: I want to save this camera angle/position for another models (possibly in another scenes) that I will be doing the same thing I did here. How can I achieve that?

I tried "Save Active View", but that's just one for one scene, when I need much more.

I also tried "Manage Scene States", but restoring didn't seem to restore the camera position.

If I simply "try to get" the same position, all the models will look in a different position and that's just wrong.

Every help is appreciated.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
PROH
in reply to: lolwatt

Hi. This is done by creating Cameras.

Set your view as it should be, select "Views" in the top menu, and select "Create Camera from View".

Note that this only works with perspective views, and not orthographic views (as the view shown on your pic). After creating a camera, you can however set it to "orthographic".

Hope it helps

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Message 3 of 3
lolwatt
in reply to: PROH

Exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you very much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report