Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering error help please

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
Riyona
58967 Views, 18 Replies

Rendering error help please

I'm having problems with renders an error massage appears thats doesn't allow me to do my renders although I have finished my project.

The Error message that appears as the following:

An exception occurred while rendering with 3ds Max.

This render will abort. If you render again without resolving the exception, you may experience instability.

Unknown Exception

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
Stefan_L
in reply to: Riyona

The answer is easy, but not very helpful:

Could be anything! 🙂

Some more details would help:

- computer setup

- operating system

- version of 3ds Max

- render engine (mentalray, iray, scanline, vray, ...)

- scene size

- lighting setup

- 3rd party plugins

- geometry source (modeled in 3dsMax, imported from other software, ...)

- render output size

--
Stefan

i7-2600 @ 3,4GHz, 32GB Ram,
512+128GB SSDs + 2x500GB HD
GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB + GTX 980 4GB
latest Driver (almost always)
Win7ProX64 SP1
Message 3 of 19
Riyona
in reply to: Stefan_L

Thank you stefan for your cooperation!
Regarding your questions, the answers are the following:

I use windows 7 HP and core i5

- version of 3ds Max : 2014

- render engine (mentalray, iray, scanline, vray, ...) : Mental Ray

- scene size : I don't know

- lighting setup : didn't use it

- 3rd party plugins : none

- geometry source : modeled in 3D max and some imported from  Archive 3D

- render output size : I dont know umm I need it in A4 size

I'm still a beginner but I'll do my best to work it out.. I've actually finished my project I just need to do the renders.

I have attached a screenshot of the problem10492076_333211996834049_581292516800830030_n.jpg

Message 4 of 19
Stefan_L

But you could render this scene (or any other scene) before?

As it fails during the Translating Scene process, it could be caused by corrupted objects. Try the following:

Hide all objects, draw a box and render again.

If this works you can nail it down by unhiding the objects one by one (or in groups), if it fails again, you unhided the bad one. Don't forget to delete the box 🙂

If this doesn't work open a new scene, draw a box an render.

If this works, delete the box and merge the objects from the old scene in, again one by one or in groups and hit render after every step. If it fails again you merged the bad one.

For this testing an output resolution (Render Setup/Common tab) of 320x240px is enough, for A4 size 10 times higher is fine.

--
Stefan

Win7ProX64 SP1
Message 5 of 19
Riyona

The problem is not with merging because it was working perfectly before until I have tried to download the V-ray. Then I have unistalled 3Dmax 2014 and installed 3D max 2012. When I did that , the stairs that I modelled was corrupted. Then I have re-installed 3D max 2014 and then the render stopped working. I have tried to open new 3D max studio and the render worked but where my project that I have done, the render doesnt work. I did freeze and hide but still it didn't work.

Looking forward if you would figure out any solution to this problem

Really, thanks for your time answering my inquiries

Message 6 of 19
Stefan_L

So freezing/hiding everything in your existing scene file and hitting Render fails?

Starting a new, simple scene and hitting Render works?

Then your scene file and/or its contents are (partly) corrupted or otherwise "out of order".

If there's no reasonable obstacle you could zip the file and attach it to a post here.

Anyway, you need to start a fresh new file and get your content salvaged.

Either try the merging way described yesterday, or try to save the old scene as FBX file and import it.

--
Stefan

Win7ProX64 SP1
Message 7 of 19
Riyona

Thanks for your support!  I have attached the file in dropbox that im working on.. can you please dowload it and figure out how to do the render without the error popping out

This is the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t5msg5xla6rh4bf/Fish3dmax.rar

I tried to attach it here but the file is large

Thank you so much

Message 8 of 19
Steve_Curley

Several problems.
Switch to the default Scanline Renderer, try rendering. You'll get a message "error allocating mesh, insufficient memory" pointing to "Layer:aa" as the culprit. No idea what it's supposed to be but whatever it is can't be seen in the viewport (using the Measure utility shows it as having 0 size or volume). Delete it. Render again and you'll get the same error on "Layer:twop". Delete that as well. Render again and you'll get a bucket full of errors about missing UVWs. Those you will have to fix. It will render, both using Scanline and MR, but those UVW errors do need to be fixed.

Also, rendering an orthographic viewport can cause problems. Use a Camera or at least the Perspective viewport.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 9 of 19
Riyona
in reply to: Steve_Curley

How to switch to scanline render??

I dont know how to delete a layer  as well

While importing how can i know that the file is corrupted and wont allow me to render??

And can i use a v-ray instead??

I have fixed the uvw missig error files  🙂

Thank you so much.

Message 10 of 19
Steve_Curley

It's not a Layer - it's geometry (or something), an object with the name "Layer:aa".

Render Settings dialog, scroll to the bottom, expand the Assign Renderer rollout, change the current Renderer in there to Scanline. Only because it shows slightly more useful information (like the object names) than MR does. You can switch back to MR once you've removed those 2 objects.

Vray will likely also fail in a similar way. I don't have it so I can't check that.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Message 11 of 19
Riyona
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Do you know any trusted websites that i could import 3d furniture from??

Thank you so much.

Message 12 of 19
Steve_Curley

Not personally, no, but there's lots of sites around. Find a few which look promising and do a bit of background research on them (that's what I'd do anyway).

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Message 13 of 19
darawork

I find this site to be pretty good, all models are free: https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/search.html?q=furniture&backendClass=entity

3DSMax can import .skp files. Just go to File -> Import, then browse to the folder you have saved the .skp files into.

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Message 14 of 19
Steve_Curley
in reply to: darawork

Can't remember the exact details, but isn't (wasn't) there an issue with Max reading the latest version of Sketchup files? Had to be saved to an earlier file version for Max to load them.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Message 15 of 19
darawork

Sorry, yes. The files need to be saved in sketchup version 7 format. You can do this yourself if needed, with the free version of sketchup. It's handy to have it installed anyway. Free 3d software.

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Message 16 of 19

rendering issue in 2016

when i m render the model is not properly render

Message 17 of 19
dincerozcan123123

same problem with mine..i use art renderer and same problem.why is that...my scene only 14 mb  my version 2017 and art renderer.

my laptop acer  amd  a6 quad core  a6-6310 2.4 ghz amd radeon  r4 graphics 4gb ddr3 l memory. i got render and sleep then next day open again and delete all vray materials and objects which has vray materials from my scene.but it doenst rendered.last 5 five days i ckeck it from many sites but i dont find anything about that.help please.... 

Message 18 of 19
valeria.baci13

my vray for 3ds max is not rendering for me ,it says that the scene is too far away from origin and the only thing i render is a blank page,please help

Message 19 of 19
hossamlg
in reply to: valeria.baci13

hello

remove vray and delete all files in program file about vray

and reinstall again

@valeria.baci13 wrote:

my vray for 3ds max is not rendering for me ,it says that the scene is too far away from origin and the only thing i render is a blank page,please help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report