Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Render Sub-Objects to Texture

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
kuengelias
462 Views, 3 Replies

Render Sub-Objects to Texture

Hi Guys

I'm having a little issue with exporting the textures of my character to the Game Engine Unity3d. I'm really a beginner and I've never done this before!

So what I did was attach a beard- and a trouser-model as sub-objects to my character-bodypart. Now I'd like to have one texture for the whole character rendered out. But how do I do that? I tried it with "Render To Texture", but then all the sub-objects just get rendered on top of each other.

How would you do that or how is that normally done?

Thank you!

Elias

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ekahennequet
in reply to: kuengelias

If your model is already UV mapped, then you will need to apply Unwrap UVW and rescale/re-arrange your UVs in your 0 - 1 UV space/quadrant. You can use the Pack tool in Edit UVW to do exactly that.

If your model is not UV mapped and you're not familar with UV Unwrapping, do take a look at these videos to familiarize yourself with the process:

UV Unwrapping - 3ds Learning Channel
http://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnKw1txyYzRlVrCjLUCrJOvdxj5h2YZJB

Message 3 of 4
kuengelias
in reply to: ekahennequet

Thanks a lot! I just had to move my UVs in the UV Editor in the correct place and use a texture atlas for all my subobjects! Everything works now... Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 4
ekahennequet
in reply to: kuengelias

That's good to hear, kuengelia. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report