Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Render is consistently over exposed, and I'm not sure why.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
knightfamilyhomeschoool
4562 Views, 2 Replies

Render is consistently over exposed, and I'm not sure why.

Hello, I seem to be coming back to this forum a lot nowadays but even with all the problems that I have gotten solved there is one I can't seem to fix. Simply put my renders are always over exposed. I have tried using the settings I used when I took the photo and still it comes out as over exposed. I can't seem to find a clear answer as to how to adjust this in a way that works. The first photo i included uses the settings I took the source photo with, and the second photo is the source photo. If anyone has any other ideas of how to fix this that would be appreciated. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi;

My best guess is, you have Gamma / LUT correction on and it's set to 2.2

When importing your background image, make sure it's set to Gamma 1.0 to achieve what it looks like as original image.

Below is the screenshot of the process:

capture555.PNG

Message 3 of 3

Thanks, it turned out I simply made a typo in the settings for mr Exposure Control :P. However when I adjusted the setting to it's correct position the ground plane turned completely white. I'm going to continue this on another thread as I'm guessing it's unrelated. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report