Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My render always turns out black after I paint weights

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
kaytsky
401 Views, 1 Reply

My render always turns out black after I paint weights

I've been modeling and rigging a character in Maya 2013 for a few months now. Everything was working fine until I started painting weights. Now my character won't render using anything other than Maya hardware, although the teeth and the eyeballs render. Their textures were also created in photoshop. I've tried importing another skin, which rendered fine until I finished weight painting. I don't have any lights, the textures were created in photoshop and apllied with a lambert material. 

I actually tested the model by deleteing all of the history and applying a solid phong shader. the model still won't show up in the render. I just keep getting a yellow error message that says "Warning: (03/03 16:25) rfm Warning: R51002 Primitive Male_character_f_5673_ is not visible to camera or traced rays. //"

Is there a setting or something out of whack? i've deleted my preferences and it still won't render.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
n8skow
in reply to: kaytsky

Are you able to post your scene file(s)?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report