Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My objects' shaders change when I open UV Texture Editor

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
367 Views, 2 Replies

My objects' shaders change when I open UV Texture Editor

Hi,

I have a strange issue in Maya 2013 x64.

I use MentalRay for my project, so I decided to use a Default grey Mia_material in my scene for all my objects.

Everything works (I can see my grey shading in my standart viewport) until I open UV Texture Editor Windows : Everything turns black (with hardware texture enabled) or white (when hardware text is disabled). Cat Sad

After that, even if i close the window, my objects still black or white...

I read in other forum that could happen with mentalray shaders and I just have to choose the texture wanted in UV Texture Editor, but I haven't got any texture on my grey shader, so nothing to choose in UV Texture Editor...

Here is a little video of my problem : 

http://payetaprod.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/watt.mp4

Thank you for your support !

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I finally found how to resolve this.

First, we need to put Display image off.

After that, we can see texture is not displayed anymore in the windows, but our model still black...

01.png

So the bug comes from mia_material shader, in hardware texturing node.

In fact, by default, the textured channel of the shader is null. But when we go to UV Texture Editor, it turns automatically in Combined Textures, but without displaying it. If you go to Hardware Texturing section, Textured Channel still to "None" value, but in fact it's in "Combined Texture" value.

So we have to re-select "None" in the menu, and your shaded object won't be black anymore. 🙂

02.png

Maybe a fix could be interesting...

Message 3 of 3
n8skow
in reply to: Anonymous

I run into this quite a bit as well - and my work-around is the same...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report