Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mental Ray Satellite does not render 1st frame...

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
slimboJoe
226 Views, 1 Reply

Mental Ray Satellite does not render 1st frame...

When I render from the command line using MR Satellite to connect to 2 other computers, the first frame specificed does NOT render.  It essentially skips the first frame.

Also, sometimes I have to issue the render command twice.  It fails to start the first time, but works fine the second time.

If I hide the maya.rayhosts file, it renders the first frame just fine, only slowly on one computer.

This is in Maya 2016 SP5 running Windows 7.

Anyone else have this problem or a solution?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
slimboJoe
in reply to: slimboJoe

I actually resolved this problem last night by installing the mental ray satellite version for Maya 2016 EXT2.  The weird thing is that has the exact same NAME as the the "older" version.  I even needed to uninstall the "old" version before installing the new one.  The DOWNLOAD file is named differently, but it unpacks everything as the exact same names as the older one.  Physical file size is quite different between the two as well.  UGH...

Anyway, at least it works and renders that first frame (and starts up without the odd FALSE starts).

OK, so am I the ONLY person still using Mental Ray?  I was shocked that no one else had this issue...

-dinosaur joe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report