Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mental ray physical sun and sky & explosion

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
loginarek
617 Views, 11 Replies

mental ray physical sun and sky & explosion

i have an explosion which ive tried to render with mental ray physical sun and sky and here is what happened1.jpg

Then ive tried the same thing with maya sowftware and... how i can solve this problem to have a normal explosion and shadows?

explosion.jpg

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
damaggio
in reply to: loginarek

Usually effects like this are composite later Login using render layers and passes for example, stay away from Maya software , it's never gonna be near Mental.

There's probably a way to render on camera but  one would need to take a look at your scene to recommend some alternatives.

Message 3 of 12
loginarek
in reply to: damaggio

anyway thanks for answering

Message 4 of 12
damaggio

Just keep in mind that the physical sun only works with mental ray, try to use mental ray shaders and lights as well and you should be fine with your explosion in the scene.

Message 5 of 12
loginarek

But how??

Message 6 of 12
loginarek

ive also tryed the same thing with mental ray without physical sun & sky and it also works, but as i add physical sun & sky its showing me this desaturated fluid

Message 7 of 12
J450NP13

Unless you are using Maya's fluid or particles or a like plug-in....then any explosions should be done in 2D...like nuke or after effects.

If you are just putting a plain in the scene for an explosion....it will just be a plain with an image on it....unless that's what you want...don't do it.

Message 8 of 12
loginarek
in reply to: J450NP13

is there any other solutions??

Message 9 of 12
damaggio

There's no detailed information on your scene loginareck so it becomes impossible to assist you, please zip your scene here and someone will take a look soon. 

Message 10 of 12
J450NP13

Any other solution to what?  Creating visual effects?  No..you either use fluids or particles to create them or render your scene out and composite visual effects in a compositing package like after effects or Nuke.

Or do what your doing and get the result you are getting.  You could key frame the channels in the material and the alpha channel to fade it in and out....but that is a low quality route...which won't be any better than you have.

Message 11 of 12
loginarek
in reply to: J450NP13

I think compositing in nuke or after effects is way too long...actually i have finded a better solution for this... u must make the sun and sky in another way to have a normal fluid. For the tutorial u can go to this link

https://area.autodesk.com/tutorials/model_a_rocket_with_particle_trail?o=print

Message 12 of 12
J450NP13

What does your explosion asset consist of?  a 2D image of an explosion?

You can't control anything about it by rendering an image of an image on a plane...in compositing software you have all the effect tools at your disposal....unless of course you want poor quality....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report