Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2012 backburner taking much longer than Maya batch render

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
cchamp84
453 Views, 1 Reply

Maya 2012 backburner taking much longer than Maya batch render

I have been setup the backburner render farm on my network and started rendering some scenes. Everything works great, backburner is finding all the machines and rendering on them no problem. When I went to look at the job information in the backburner monitor I realized that the render were taking way longer than if i were to rendering it in the maya viewport or using maya batch render. In the maya viewport and batch renderer it takes about 1 min for my render. While using backburner it take up to 5 min!!!!  What could be the reason for this ?  

I would like to find a way to get the backburner jobs to render at least close to the render times that im getting with the batch rendering. I don't understand how to go about trouble shooting this issue since its only happening in while rendering in back burner. 

Any explanation or insight on this would be needed and much appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: cchamp84

Hi

There can be multiple reason for that .

What is your Network Speed ?

Are you rendering on the machine form which its taking all the source files ( if rendering then its reading of source file will get slow which shows great impact on rendering time ).

Check the task size of rendeing when you are submitting Job through backburner in maya or max.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report