Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue animating a wrap package

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
savat
419 Views, 5 Replies

Issue animating a wrap package

Hi all, I'm testing a way to wrap a package over a snack (like in billions of commercials). I've used tons of modifiers to obtain a decent starting point but there are two problems in my stack:

- "morpher" not updates if I use a "volume select" for a blend shape effect (without "vol select" works well);

- I don't know how to fix uvw coordinates, "unwrap uvw" don't works as I supposed and updates with the animated mesh.

You can look at my scene attached...please, help and show me if there's a better way to obtain this effect. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Steve_Curley
in reply to: savat

No attachment... Max scene files must be Zipped and the resulting file less than the 5MB limit.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 6
savat
in reply to: Steve_Curley

link is in "my scene" words...

but you'r right...is better to evidence the attachment

Message 4 of 6
savat

Sorry, I've pushed on "accept as solutio"..my apologies. Is there an EDIT button for correction and adds?
Message 5 of 6
Steve_Curley

I've removed the Solution for you. It was the terminology - I see the word "attached" and when there's no actual attachment there's usually a problem. Probably better to say something like "You can look at my scene which you can download from here" (where "here" is the link) - less confusing 😉

You can edit posts, but only for 30 mins after the post was made and before any replies (whichever comes first).

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 6 of 6
savat
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Ok...solved from myself. The issues were in the slices modifiers over the bend modifiers...infact this order in the stack creates a cutted mesh that modifies the number of vertices over the timeline and this causes bad morphing and texture wrapping. 🙂

Thanks Steve for patience.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report