Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glass V-ray material issue

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Riyona
654 Views, 6 Replies

Glass V-ray material issue

I have used the vray glass material  to show the object "sculpture" thats inside but it's being so reflective , i want it to be transparent but not reflective

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CAMedeck
in reply to: Riyona

What you're showing is a solid glass cube with something inside.  I'm assuming you're more interested in having a glass box around the item, correct?  Use a Shell modifier to give the sides of your box some thickness, so it isn't a solid cube but a box with an empty center where your sculpture is.

Chris Medeck
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
Riyona
in reply to: CAMedeck

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuu , You're a Geniussssss!!!! It worked

Message 4 of 7
Riyona

I have another problem About the Glass material , i have used the glass material  but  there is darker blue clour in the edges is that normal??I have attached you the picture so you get a better image

Message 5 of 7
CAMedeck

Is that image being rendered from a camera view, or just a User viewport?  Anything with reflections or refraction will not render correctly from an Orthagonal view like the User view.

Chris Medeck
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
Riyona
in reply to: CAMedeck

I have used User viewport , I still dont know how to use camera view since im still new at rendering but im glad to know why it wasn't working , my first step was to learn v-ray materials then the secound step i should learn is how to use a camera right?

Is there any steps to do while doing a camera?

Message 7 of 7
CAMedeck

If you don't feel ready to start in with Cameras, then I would recommend doing your test renders using a Perspective viewport rather than User.  It will give you better results.

Chris Medeck

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report