Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

environment background showing white in viewport

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
10937 Views, 4 Replies

environment background showing white in viewport

Hi all, I recently use vrayhdri to create HDRI environment map. But, viewport showing it as white color either in realistic or shaded with map while" Use environment background" is enabled.

However, the envrionment map is showing correctly when rendering. I do not sure should i investigate into 3ds max or vray, hope to get advise and solution. Thanks!

ref: attachment

Version: 3ds Max 2015
Renderer: Vray

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CAMedeck
in reply to: Anonymous

It is likely an exposure control thing.  The HDRI is very bright, and is showing up at full intensity in your background, but is being adjusted by the exposure control when rendered.  You could either have one version of it for your background with the multiplier turned down, or play with the Overall versus Render multipliers so they cancel out at render time but appear better in the viewport.  For instance, if turning the Overall down to 0.1 looks good in the view, then the Render multiplier should be 10.0.

But I think telling your exposure control to affect background should do the trick, try that first.

Chris Medeck
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Same issue here. I have tried to turn down the overall multi even down to 0 but the viewport still looks white. The rendered picture shows BG fine.

I tried different driver, different pictures and different scenes but nothing seems to fix the problem. 

HP Z800
48 GB RAM
nVidia Quadro 5000
Window 7
3ds Max Design 2016 student
V-Ray 3.00.07

Message 4 of 5
sanj.taha

its very simple,I have also faced that type of problem you need to do some instruction to solve this problem

Go to

environment effect > exposure control > 

In exposure control list select ( no exposure control ) 

and it would be sort out.

Message 5 of 5
CAMedeck
in reply to: sanj.taha

Actually, NOT having exposure control on could be the culprit.  Or not having the environment set to be affected by your Exposure Control.  In the EC settings, there's a checkbox for 'Process Background and Environment Maps'.  Make sure that one is checked.

Chris Medeck
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report