Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contour EPS rendering with MR for technical drawings

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ggatlanta
280 Views, 1 Reply

Contour EPS rendering with MR for technical drawings

I create patent drawings using MR Contour EPS output to create technical drawings.

I'm wondering if there is anyone else on here who uses this output who would like to share knowledge. 

I have been using it for years, but I would like to take it up a notch. Specifically, I would like to improve my image fidelity. Often, straight lines are broken into multiple segments which makes working with them in Illustrator more difficult. Also, diagonal straight lines may render as a series of stair stepped splines. Any ideas how to fix this? I have a feeling it has something to do with the Z Step Threshold in the ContourContrast Shader, but lowering that number too much just makes other things worse.

Let me know if you'd like to discuss.

Graham

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
PROH
in reply to: ggatlanta

Hi. Could you attach an example of your work. It's hard to know how to "take it up a notch" without knowing the current level.

Occasionally I do such work to, but I prefer using Ink&Paint in combination with mr shaders (including Contours).
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report