Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Render error: "Could not create command port"

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
NickAlmighty
3718 Views, 3 Replies

Batch Render error: "Could not create command port"

I have, ever since I installed Maya on my PC, been getting the following error when i try to batch render something: "// Error: line 1: Could not create command port: :7835 (name is encodable)".

I am new to Maya and I'm using a student version, dont know if this might have anything to do with this issue, I highly doubt it though. The fact that i have been learning the software for the last few weeks is the reason why i haven't needed to get anything rendered until now.

I have looked through every single forum post I could find about this, but have not found a solution yet. I have reinstalled Maya, disabled my firewall (dont use any anti-virus), port-forwarded the port mentioned in the error, and still no success.

If there's anyone who has any experience with this error, it would be extremely appreciated if you could share your knowledge with me, I need to get an assignment done before monday.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
xsisupport
in reply to: NickAlmighty

Do you special characters in the name of your PC?
Message 3 of 4
dbetan02

Batch rendering needs the internet to work. Is your firewall on? Try turning off firewall and virus software temporarily and see if you can batch render. Also, are you running the student version on more than one computer? The other problem may be that Autodesk recently restricted the license to use on only one computer (which I wish they would change back because I need one for my desktop to render and one for laptop to bring to class). Anyway, hope that helps.
Message 4 of 4
Splatterbaby

Hello mate.

Try this , its usually 70% the problem.

Go to documents and find your maya file. Go to your version your using and delete the preference folder. Make a back up before hand but once this is deleted you should get your port back.
If that does not work which it probably will, then just open a new scene and import your old one into the new scene this also helps on rare occasions:)

hope this helps and let me know:)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums