Screencast Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Screencast Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Screencast topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download video in MP4

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
Chad-Smith
3675 Views, 15 Replies

Download video in MP4

I hate to say it, but YouTube still yields a higher view count.

I'd like the ability to export a proper MP4 video which I could upload to YouTube. This way I can link to Screencast, but still capture the 'browsing' YouTube audience who don't know about Screencast yet.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
EricStover
in reply to: Chad-Smith

Hi Chad,

Have you tried using our download WebM feature to post to YouTube? I'm curious about that workflow and your opinion of it.

We have also thought about a feature which would automatically cross post your Screencast to your YouTube playlist. Any thoughts in this type of feature.

As far as MP4 goes, it's a proprietary format, once which we have to pay royalties to use. We chose WebM since it was HTML5 friendly and a free format, but one which also works well with other video playback/editing systems. We may decide to have an option for MP4 in the future, we just need to determine the $$ for doing so and the value folks would receive by having it with WebM as well.

Thanks - Eric

Eric Stover
General Manager- Screencast

Autodesk, Inc.
1 Market Street, Suite 200
San Francisco, CA 94105
Message 3 of 16
Chad-Smith
in reply to: EricStover

Thanks Eric.

The WebM download is a really low resolution. It's impossible to make out anything clearly in the video.

Given that I find the resolution of the native Screencast video to be a little too low, the WebM download is definitely unacceptable quality.

The idea of being able to crosspost to YouTube is definitely one I would be interested in.

Message 4 of 16
Chad-Smith

Just a quick follow up reply, to make this clear.

I would only want a crosspost feature to YouTube, if (and only if) the video resolution of Screencast was HD (1080) quality.
Otherwise, I will continue to screen record (in HD) with Camtasia, and by-pass the use of Screencast altogether.

This is a non-negotiable for me. The screen recording needs to be as clear as possible.
Sorry.
Message 5 of 16

I would like the ability to download to MP4 in order to share across the organization via a network share or Sharepoint. The WebM file format works great for viewing directly in Chrome (and not IE), but our IT department doesn't like to support Chrome.

Message 6 of 16
cbenner
in reply to: EricStover

Resurrecting this thread to give my 2 cents worth.

What about WMV format.  It seems to be the only format (as far as I can tell) that will work across the major web browsers (IE, Chrome and Mozilla).  When I download a video now to place on SharePoint, I have to download the WebM to YouTube, download as an MP4 and then use a rather sketchy looking website to translate it to WMV.  Otherwise it ONLY plays on Chrome.

Message 7 of 16
jlane
in reply to: mikegreslick6607

I agree with mikegreslick6607 on all points.  Is anything under development?

Message 8 of 16
cadraktiv
in reply to: jlane

New MP4 download is now available beside the WEBM download. I didn't find any information from the authors (maybe it comes somewhere or sometime), but the download exists ...

Message 9 of 16
cadraktiv
in reply to: cadraktiv
Message 10 of 16

I am very new to Screencast, Made my first one today, and already I feel its another half baked product.

Export: why not allow us to download/export to many various video formats?

Most Common formats:

• 3G2
  • 3GP
  • AVI
  • FLV
  • MKV
  • MOV
  • MP4
  • MPEG
  • OGG
  • WEBM
  • WMV

This will allow us to have the format we need to do with as we please.

Charles Berteaux IV
EDT BIM/VDC/Technology Department Manager | SSOE Group | Hillsboro
www.ssoe.com

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Message 11 of 16
bagchis
in reply to: CharlesBerteaux

Hello @CharlesBerteaux,

Welcome to the Screencast family! Can you please tell us a bit more about your initial experience and what aspects of the product you feel are still half baked. Regarding the download formats we support MP4 and WebM currently, you can download these videos locally for downstream use.

Shibai Bagchi

Product Manager

Screencast

Message 12 of 16
CharlesBerteaux
in reply to: bagchis

Sadly, I think I maybe jumped the gun on this..lack of use. What I thought was lacking but found after poking around was the ability to capture Monitor A vs Monitor B, vs a defined region.....I was almost goinng to uninstall this product untill i found this (Whew)

the only thing I find it lacking so far from making a couple videos today it the emediate ability to export a video (maybe im missing this too?) instead of sending it to the cloud, then downloading.

Other than that, I will let you know as I play with it more and more.

Seems pretty solid so far! Keep up the good work, and thanks for the quick response! ill give you kudos for that Smiley Wink

Charles Berteaux IV
www.ssoe.com

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Message 13 of 16
leaveAlone

Jihosoft 4K Video Downloader can help you download and convert YouTube videos to MP4 files easily.

Message 14 of 16

I suggest using a free tool called YouTube2Video. 

YouTube2video offers FREE solutions like YouTube Video Converter to MP3/MP4 in HD, and download online videos from any sites using YouTube2Video App for Android.

Easy, fast & safe!

Message 15 of 16

or they could just bake in the ability to download multiple common formats? 

I dunnoI dunno

Charles Berteaux IV
www.ssoe.com

Message 16 of 16

Very informative Y2mate! There is a lot of information here that can help any business get started with a successful social networking campaign.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report