Screencast Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Screencast Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Screencast topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enerving and wrong "Auto-pause"

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
cadraktiv
285 Views, 2 Replies

Enerving and wrong "Auto-pause"

I want to document how a program crashes. When I select the "Application" to record, the recorder auto-pauses in the moment the program crashes. Maybe this is useful, so I don't consider this as a problem.

But when I select "Main Display" I expect that the recording continues, also when the program crashes, because it is set to "Main display". But nevertheless the recorder pauses again and is not able to document the entire crash Smiley Frustrated

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ram.mummidi
in reply to: cadraktiv

Hi Peter,

What if you have another application running and is the next application in the z-order and is not minimized. Does it switch the other application in the background or just automatically pauses regardless of any other application is running in the background or not.

Thanks,

--Ram

Ram Mummidi
Principal Engineer
Message 3 of 3
cadraktiv
in reply to: ram.mummidi

It is easy to test and difficult to explain.

a)
The main issue is that it does not care about the settings „Main display“ or „Selected region“. After first switching between apps / windows with “Minimizing” it focusses on the “software” and no more on monitor or region.

b)
The other problem is that the switching between Windows depends on the kind of switching.

Mode b1)
Maximize all windows – Software X is on top and is recorded – Minimize software X, software Y is the next displayed window – recorder pauses – maximize X – recorder resumes – minimize X again – recorder continues to record Y

Mode b2)
Maximize all windows – Software X is on top and is recorded – DON’T Minimize software X, just press software Y in the taskbar – software Y is the next displayed window – recorder shows a “paused –message” for maybe a 1/10 sec., but continues to record Y – while switching via taskbar the recorder (mostly ...) continues to record – after “Minimizing” it pauses again ...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report