Screencast Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Screencast Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Screencast topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command Listing for AutoCAD Architecture Gable Mass Element Tool

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
David_W_Koch
276 Views, 2 Replies

Command Listing for AutoCAD Architecture Gable Mass Element Tool

At the beginning of this Screencast, I select the Gable tool, an AutoCAD Architecture out-of-the-box tool palette tool from the out-of-the-box tool Massing palette.  This tool runs the MassElementAdd command, with the default Shape set to Gable.  In the command listing at the left side of the Screencast, it shows as Sphere.  Not a huge deal, but if it is taking the name from the name of the tool, it should show Gable.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ram.mummidi
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Hi @David_W_Koch,

We report the commands based on how the command comes through the command pipeline and it looks like based on the Screencast, the command is coming down as Sphere. I will have to debug with this external third party tool to see how this commands comes down.

What do you see, when you select the other tools in that Tool palette? Are rest of the commands being captured correctly?

Thanks,

--Ram

Ram Mummidi
Principal Engineer
Message 3 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: ram.mummidi

@ram.mummidi

It appears that all of the tools are called out as SPHERE, including the Sphere tools.  The command name in AutoCAD Architecture is MassElementAdd.  I can see where it may not be possible to pull the sub-command choice being executed by the tool, in which case I would expect to see MassElementAdd as the command executed, not SPHERE.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report