Announcements
The Scaleform forum is now read-only. Please head to the Gamedev site for product support.
Scaleform Forum (Read Only)
Scaleform enables developers to leverage the power of the Adobe® Flash® tool set to create powerful user interface environments for video games.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will there be an Update for Unity 5

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
2048 Views, 11 Replies

Will there be an Update for Unity 5

Hello Guys,

I was wondering if there will be an updated version of scaleform for Unity 5 soon  because you get a lot of errors if you import the Unity 4 plugin. i am not that much of a C# coder thats why i can't really fix it easiely or tell if these errors can be fixed.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

hello again,

Update it is running in unity 5 but i get some error. Maybe i can figure it out by myself.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous

Its amazing how little these scaleform devs care about this community. Why even release the product if you dont plan on supporting it? I guess I'll have to shift to coherent html5 ui systems - though I really dont want to

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

REALLY REALLY REALLY need at least some reply on this.. we've invested a lot of time/money/effort in Scaleform and are about to start the upgrade process to Unity 5.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

I got it running under unity 5 beta. You have to erase some dlls that are redundant and then it works.But i am not using it because of the non existent dx11 support. 

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

It would be really helpfull if we knew if this is at least planned for the near future. Scaleform DEVs , any eta on this ?

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

We find a notice in the download page:
"Please note: The Scaleform Unity plug-in is only compatible with Unity 4.5 or earlier. Arm64 is not a supported platform."

So the Unity 5 is not supported yet, need more information.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

It looked like it would be nice.  But we are commited to Unity 5 with our two new projects.  TOO BAD for right now.  If you are a programmer and don't intend to move to Unity 5 then this might be really worth it for you.  They do finally support Unity 4.6.  But no Unity 5.  Too Bad.. So Sad am I:-(

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

It has been about 1 year (that is 12 months) since Unity moved from version 4 to version 5 but so far there is no update or any news if Scaleform will be available for Unity 5, at all.

The only message 'Scaleform does not yet support Unity 5' is all we know.

Can the devs / community management please let us know IF Autodesk / Scaleform is working on a plugin compatible with Unity 5 or should we all fear the worst and a) wait a long time before we all can make use of Unity 5 or b) consider Scaleform for Unity 5 dead ?

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

Latest Scaleform release (from March 24th) works well for me with Unity 5 (at least on Windows - I haven't tested other platforms yet) and they've added 64-bit support, so it's definitely not dead.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

1. officially SF does not support Unity 5 yet (I mean, they never updated that statement)

2. the download link is broken on their official download page: http://gameware.autodesk.com/scaleform/public/downloads

Message 12 of 12
thamerm

Hello, thanks for asking about the Scaleform Unity plugin.  We currently don't have support for Unity 5 and no further updates are planned.

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report