Announcements
The Scaleform forum is now read-only. Please head to the Gamedev site for product support.
Scaleform Forum (Read Only)
Scaleform enables developers to leverage the power of the Adobe® Flash® tool set to create powerful user interface environments for video games.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity swf play audio question

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
461 Views, 3 Replies

Unity swf play audio question

Hi, 

It was said in the documentation that Unity-Android can play sound embedded in SWF provided that we implement a plugin (Activity) to load fmodex library. However, there is no sound even after loading fmodex library as shown in the documentation.

I request you to look into the issue and provide a fix to this issue as soon as possible.

Thank you.

We have purchased Unity-Android plugin recently through Unity Asset Store.

Invoice No. 301709220

Date 25-Nov-2014

Order No. OR301709220

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

We can play Mp3 files on Android with Unity and Scaleform.

AFAIK the fmod plugin is not needed anymore.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks for your response.

I have loaded a SWF file using Unity-Android plugin but it's not playing sound.  I have tried this without loading fmodex library too as you said.

Can you please elaborate more on how I can do this.  A working sample will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

FYI we had some issues with playing sound from the SWF files so in the end we did all the audio playing in Unity.

How ? Everytime in your SWF make a call to Unity. Pass a parameter with the name of the audio-file (either an ID like SOUND4 or the original filename like "sound_bullet_128kbit.mp3" and then let Unity load the file and play it.

Not as easy as just running the SWF with embedded sound, but it solved all problems.

Tags (3)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report