Announcements
The Scaleform forum is now read-only. Please head to the Gamedev site for product support.
Scaleform Forum (Read Only)
Scaleform enables developers to leverage the power of the Adobe® Flash® tool set to create powerful user interface environments for video games.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ScaleformTutorial crashing over missing dll

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
808 Views, 3 Replies

ScaleformTutorial crashing over missing dll

Hello,

I downloaded the scaleform for unity evaluation, and I can't launch the demo project, it's crashing in MyCamera.cs line 120 on the SF_SetKey with my evaluation key. It says the libgfxunity3d.dll is missing.

I've spend two hours searching the web for a solution, so I already tried stuff : 

- When getting the direct x web setup (http://www.microsoft.com/fr-fr/download/details.aspx?id=35), it says that I already have a more recent version, so I guess I'm good with that.
- On my window uninstall panel, I see a lot of redistribuable microsoft visual c++ (2005, 2008, 2010, 2012), so I guess I'm up to date on that side too.

- I have the .Net framework 4.5
- When using dependency walker on Assets\Plugins\libgfxunity3d.dll, it says that the following dll cannot be found :

API-MS-WIN-APPMODEL-RUNTIME-L1-1-0.DLL
API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-ERROR-L1-1-0.DLL
API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-L1-1-0.DLL
API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-ROBUFFER-L1-1-0.DLL
API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-STRING-L1-1-0.DLL
API-MS-WIN-SHCORE-SCALING-L1-1-1.DLL
DCOMP.DLL
IESHIMS.DLL

- I tried to understand what program was supposed to give me thoses dll, but without success. I also read that dependency walker can be wrong sometime as it is a bit outdated...

Can somebody help me ? I feel that I'm running out of options...

Bonus question : Is the 300$ version of the plugin also package as a ****ty zip with no installer ? Because pulling my hair on this kind of missing dependencies error feels really like amateur software...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Bump

I'm still really stuck, I have some additionnal infos : When I build a .exe of the demo project, the .exe runs without problem, I see the scaleform UI. It's just in the editor that it crashes. At first I thought that the .exe was maybe not using the SF_SetKey, but then I read that the key now is required for editor and standalone, so I'm not sure what to think. 

I also tried replace the libgfxunity3d.dll of Assets/Plugins/ by everyones of the libgfxunity3d.dll I could find in \Assets\Scaleform\Integrations\Unity\Bin\Win32\, didn't change anything...

Any idea anyone ? Or else maybe help from some staff member, that would be appreciated 😕

Message 3 of 4
adam.petrone
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Dr4nem,

This is certainly frustrating. I'm going to assume you're running into these issues with the latest March release.

- If it's a license error, you'll see white text describing the problem with an error code.

Normally, if the editor is crashing, I would ask to make sure you're running the correct version of the DLL with the rendering API Unity expects.
So if you're running Unity with --force-opengl and you've paired it with a D3D9 DLL, there will be a crash. However, if you went through all the DLLs in Bin/Win32 already, you would have resolved this issue at some point when you found a match.

Are you running Windows 7? Windows 8?

Do you know what vendor of graphics card you have installed and if you're running the latest drivers? (Intel, AMD, Nvidia?)

If you wouldn't mind sharing your Editor log file (you can PM me directly with this if you want), that may contain some information on the cause of the crash.
http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/Manual/LogFiles.html

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: adam.petrone

Hello,

Thank you for the answer.

"- If it's a license error, you'll see white text describing the problem with an error code."

I don't think so, because I tried to remove completely the part with SF_SetKey to see what happens, and then it crashes the same way on SF_SetTextureCount a few lines below, which I suppose is from the same dll. But just to be sure here is a screen shot of the error on SF_SetKey

http://www.dranem.net/upload/crash_libgfxunity3d.png

Then, about --force-opengl, I didn't change anything to the demo project, and I don't remember adding such parameter to unity, but just to be sure where can I check this ?

I am running on window 7 64bits, with a Nvidia GTX 560 Ti, and I updated my drivers yes.

I just sent you my unity editor log via PM, but I looked into it, and saw something that might be the answer...

"Fallback handler could not load library E:/My Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/Mono/lib/libgfxunity3d
Fallback handler could not load library E:/My Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/Mono/lib/.\libgfxunity3d
Fallback handler could not load library E:/My Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/Mono/lib/libgfxunity3d
License error. This plugin is only supported in Unity Pro!"

I didn't know scaleform was unity pro only -_- (I'm not using pro version, obviously)
Sorry, I see now that it is written in the FAQ, and I didn't read it, I guess some indication during the scaleform installation/in the set up pdf/somewhere would have been nice, because I went reeeeally far to try to fix that (I don't know how much dlls and windows SDK I installed...), when the cause was so simple.

But now I know about that unity editor log...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report