Announcements
The Scaleform forum is now read-only. Please head to the Gamedev site for product support.
Scaleform Forum (Read Only)
Scaleform enables developers to leverage the power of the Adobe® Flash® tool set to create powerful user interface environments for video games.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scaleform font issue on Vivante GC2000

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jeromemaurey
491 Views, 2 Replies

Scaleform font issue on Vivante GC2000

Hello,

We have an app that renders like a charm on pretty much every device, except one. Saddly it's one of the main target device and therefore needs to work.

The device uses a Vivante GC2000 GPU.

Everything in our Flash movies renders except text (dynamic or static classic textfields alike). These render fine on iPads, iPhones and pretty much every Android device we have in the office.

So I am leaning towards an issue with the graphic chip and drivers. We had a Unity issue with a ToughPad, that uses that same GPU, where it wouldn't render correctly a skybox material. Since it doesn't seem to be a common GPU, this might be an edge case. I attach a screen shot of the GPU info and extensions on the Vivante device.

This is under NDA so I can't really post further details here. But feel free to PM or email me if you need more info.

As usual any help is greatly appreciated 🙂

Cheers,

J.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeromemaurey
in reply to: jeromemaurey

I tested the default scaleform demo on both devices we have with Vivante GPUs and they both show issues with rendering text. One is a Panasonic ToughPad. I attach a screenshot for reference.

We have to develop apps that work on these GPUs and it would be great to keep using Scaleform... Please help 🙂

Cheers,

J.

Message 3 of 3
unity007
in reply to: jeromemaurey

@jeromemaurey wrote:

Hello,

We have an app that renders like a charm on pretty much every device, except one. Saddly it's one of the main target device and therefore needs to work.

The device uses a Vivante GC2000 GPU.

Everything in our Flash movies renders except text (dynamic or static classic textfields alike). These render fine on iPads, iPhones and pretty much every Android device we have in the office.

So I am leaning towards an issue with the graphic chip and drivers. We had a Unity issue with a ToughPad, that uses that same GPU, where it wouldn't render correctly a skybox material. Since it doesn't seem to be a common GPU, this might be an edge case. I attach a screen shot of the GPU info and extensions on the Vivante device.

This is under NDA so I can't really post further details here. But feel free to PM or email me if you need more info.

As usual any help is greatly appreciated 🙂

Cheers,

J.

I can confirm this bug with a Vivante GC4000 GPU. Dynamic Text is not showing up. The specific test-user that reported this problem has this phone: http://baike.baidu.com/view/10877830.htm?fr=aladdin (most is Chinese, but the specs are readable).

We are running the current/latest SF. Every other device displays our font fine except this Huawei Outdoor phone with a Vivante GC4000 GPU.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report