Announcements
The Scaleform forum is now read-only. Please head to the Gamedev site for product support.
Scaleform Forum (Read Only)
Scaleform enables developers to leverage the power of the Adobe® Flash® tool set to create powerful user interface environments for video games.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scaleform Crashes Editor 4.5.2f1 Instantly with July

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
OPtoss
674 Views, 2 Replies

Scaleform Crashes Editor 4.5.2f1 Instantly with July

Simple as the title says.

Windows 7

Newest Scaleform from download page (4.2 from July)

Newest Unity 4.5.2f1

Steps to reproduce below:

1. Create a new 3D Project.
  2. Import the scaleform 4.2 July package.
  3. Open the main_level scene and press Play
  4. CRASH

Granted, I didn't finish the setup, but it should not crash there. So I continued on...

1. Change the Build Settings to Android.
  2. Follow directions on outdated Unity Getting Started PDF.
  3. Set up a Key for Android publishing
  4. Set up license Key in MyCamera
  5. SEt up license key file in Bin/PC_Tools
  6. Relaunch Unity a few times

But none of these fixed it, it always crashes the editor instantly when pressing Play. I tried building to the device, which does't crash, but complains about the license key file missing... which doesn't make sense because the device uses the key from MyCamera.cs... 

Please tell me I'm doing something stupid because if not this is soo broken and I'd rather not wait another few months for a potential fix. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
adam.petrone
in reply to: OPtoss

Be mindful of which rendering API Unity is using. Our library is tied to a single API (OpenGL, D3D9, DX11). We do provide dlls for all three (on Windows). On other platforms, it's always OpenGL.

Unity will only brand the title bar if it's using an API other than D3D9. So if you're running in DirectX11, it'll add a "<DX11>" to the title bar.

Our demos default to the D3D9 dll (which is what Unity previously used on startup). However, I have noticed mixed behavior with 4.5.x -- where it tends to prefer DX11 by default.

If this is the case, you have two options:

1. Run Unity in the same mode as the dll you have (-force-d3d9, for example).

2. Copy the Scaleform Unity dll which matches the rendering API Unity is using to your project.

Unfortunately, when these mismatch you just get a hard crash. We'll investigate to see if we can throw up a useful message when this happens.

Regarding the Android steps, are you seeing the crash on an Android device? If so, that may be another issue.

-Adam

Message 3 of 3
OPtoss
in reply to: adam.petrone

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the prompt response.

Forcing OpenGL and using the OpenGL dll from the Scaleform integration folder worked. Maybe the default dll should match Unity's default dll? Which I believe to be d3d9, according to the docs. And yes avoiding a hard crash would be nice.

Thanks,
-OPtoss

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report