Announcements
The Scaleform forum is now read-only. Please head to the Gamedev site for product support.
Scaleform Forum (Read Only)
Scaleform enables developers to leverage the power of the Adobe® Flash® tool set to create powerful user interface environments for video games.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scale9 Slice Black Images

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ammilner
499 Views, 4 Replies

Scale9 Slice Black Images

Hi there,

All the images that I have used the Scale9 Slice tool on in Flash are turning into black squares when run on an iOS device.  This doesn't happen in the Unity editor, or when the files are exported as swf instead of gfx.  Any help would be appreciated.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
adam.petrone
in reply to: ammilner

Hello,

How are you creating your GFx? If it's via GFxExport, what does your command line look like?

With the .gfx, are you deploying the .pvr for iphone as well as the fallback TGAs ?

Message 3 of 5
ammilner
in reply to: adam.petrone

I'm using the Scaleform Exporter tool, and the log outputs this for the executed commands.

LevelWindows.swf -p Level_ -packsize 1024 -d C:\Desktop\LevelWindows -platform iphone -c -sd -pack -pu

I'm only using the uncompressed TGAs, because the pvr looks like garbage.

Message 4 of 5
adam.petrone
in reply to: ammilner

Is the resulting TGA(s) NPOT (Non power of two) dimensions? This is something we need to fix in the plugin. In the meantime, you can try exporting the images as square to mitigate this.

LevelWindows.swf -p Level_ -packsize 1024 -d C:\Desktop\LevelWindows -c -sd -sq -pack -ptresize mult4

The platform iphone and -pu arguments don't make sense, since you're only using the TGAs anyhow.

I've added the -sq and -ptresize options to have it make a square texture.

Let me know if this doesn't work for you.

Thanks,

Adam

Message 5 of 5
ammilner
in reply to: adam.petrone

That did the trick.  Thanks for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report