Announcements
The Scaleform forum is now read-only. Please head to the Gamedev site for product support.
Scaleform Forum (Read Only)
Scaleform enables developers to leverage the power of the Adobe® Flash® tool set to create powerful user interface environments for video games.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help on the Scaleform set up process...

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
robbinsmoth
415 Views, 5 Replies

Need help on the Scaleform set up process...

Hi guys

I work for a relatively new Game design company and we have chosen to go with Scaleform for our UI middleware. We have purchased a Scaleform license (for Android development) but i have hit a brick wall with how its set up.

The folder structure (In the image below) contains only a tutorial for unity and none of the files required for development. The only documentation that comes with it references this file: sf_4.2_unity_integration  located here: Assets\Scaleform\Integrations\Unity\Doc, which doesnt exist for me.

Is it that i need to find another installer that contains the correct development files?

Can anyone help point me in the right direction? I am not normally this useless but heck, theres a first for everything!

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
AD_ADeCastro
in reply to: robbinsmoth

Hello,

Thank you for using Scaleform! I know there's a readme file that will help you set everything up, but if you can't find it, I suggest you take a look at this video from our Gameware Youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR89TubyruQ

It explains the installation process step by step, so hopefully that helps!

Best regards,

Angela De Castro

Message 3 of 6
robbinsmoth
in reply to: AD_ADeCastro

Thanks for the reply!

So just for clarity's sake, we need to register as a developer to be able to download the sdk? 

Becasue we only registered as a dev late last night so this could very well be the problem...

Message 4 of 6
AD_ADeCastro

Hello,

The video I sent you might only be relevant if you have an Android Mobile package. As far as Unity goes, all you need to do to get that file path is import the tutorial package and once you do this, your project directory will have Assets\Scaleform\Integrations\Unity\Doc.

What kind of license do you have? Did you get a full Scaleform Android SDK or did you get the Unity Plug-in?

Best regards,

Angela De Castro

Message 5 of 6
robbinsmoth
in reply to: AD_ADeCastro

As i am not at work i am unable to tell you exactly what package my Boss purchased and downloaded. However i have the feeling it is the Scaleform android plugin for unity. 

Would i be able to PM you at a later date? Its probably best that i check back with him and get the low down.

Again, i appreciate the quick replies. I am a 3D artist by trade, so you will have to excuse me if the developer side of things goes over my head!

cheers

Message 6 of 6
AD_ADeCastro

Sure, don't worry about it. You can PM me when you have your order information. Please make sure you also send me the order number.

Thanks!

Angela De Castro

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report