Announcements
The Scaleform forum is now read-only. Please head to the Gamedev site for product support.
Scaleform Forum (Read Only)
Scaleform enables developers to leverage the power of the Adobe® Flash® tool set to create powerful user interface environments for video games.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Scaleform and Unity 2D Project/Textures

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
kreisdorph
353 Views, 0 Replies

Issue with Scaleform and Unity 2D Project/Textures

I've seen some of the threads on graphical issues with Android. Our problem is a bit different, however, so we thought we would make you aware of it.

Unity 4.3.4f1

Scaleform March release

Development Build: Yes

Static Batching: Off

Our project is a Unity 2D project. We are having an issue on some Android devices. When run on these devices the Flash shows but the Unity 2D texture disappears. You can see the texture flash on the screen when the app first starts but it immediately goes away. Everything works fine on one Nexus 7 but fails on a newer Nexus 7 and it fails on a new Nexus 5. All Android devices are running Android 4.4.2.

We created a bare-bones sample application that has one SWF and a simple 2D texture. Here's the app running on the Nexus 7:

ScaleformTestNexus7ScreenShot.png

Here's the app running on the Nexus 5:

ScaleformTestNexus5.png

Note that in the second screen shot the 2D textue is missing completely.

(As an aside, you might notice that the kerning is pretty messed up on the text. I'm not sure why that is but it's that way on both Android and iOS devices. It looks fine when run from the Unity Editor.)

I can't attach the .apk but you can get it here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33194/AndroidScaleformTest.apk

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Kent

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report