Announcements
The Scaleform forum is now read-only. Please head to the Gamedev site for product support.
Scaleform Forum (Read Only)
Scaleform enables developers to leverage the power of the Adobe® Flash® tool set to create powerful user interface environments for video games.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First day with ScaleForm for unity and everything is fine except on iOS

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
hkessock
627 Views, 3 Replies

First day with ScaleForm for unity and everything is fine except on iOS

For some reason XCode (5.1.1) is giving me a linker error saying it can't find the expat library.

I presume this is linked in to support the gfxexpat.

I found a libexpat dynamic library in the /usr/lib folder and added the path to library search, but that didn't work.

So I pulled down and installed the most recent expat googlecode and installed it to /usr/local/lib and added that to the library search path, and that did appear to work; however, I now get an error from the linker that -ljpeg is missing.

I followed the Unity steps very closely for iOS and didn't see anything about needed to edit my library search paths or download 3rd party libraries just to build (in fact the docs claim the post build script sets everything up for you.)

Did I miss something obvious?  Is there a hole in the docs?

Thanks

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
HenryStrattonFW
in reply to: hkessock

possibly related t othis thread.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Scaleform-Unity-Development/Linker-issues-with-July-Scaleform-plugin-o...

It seems some 3rd party libraries were left out of the download, based on a download i did a few days ago this has yet to actually be ammended but this post has a zip of the files in that you can access.

Message 3 of 4
hkessock
in reply to: HenryStrattonFW

What a lazy bugger I turned out to be...  Lol.  I pulled and built expat, jpeg, png, and stopped at libpcre because I thought "well, hell, it may be 20, I should ask first."

Hehe.

Thanks Henry, will test shortly.

Message 4 of 4
hkessock
in reply to: HenryStrattonFW

That solved it for me.

Thanks Henry.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report