Announcements
The Scaleform forum is now read-only. Please head to the Gamedev site for product support.
Scaleform Forum (Read Only)
Scaleform enables developers to leverage the power of the Adobe® Flash® tool set to create powerful user interface environments for video games.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black screen on iOS + Android

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
HenryStrattonFW
564 Views, 2 Replies

Black screen on iOS + Android

Hello folks,

UPDATE:

Ok an update on this issue. It's not just iOS. I have the project updated to the March 5th version of scaleform. In the editor on both PC and Mac the project works fine, scaleform renders and work as expected on top of my game content. However when i then build to either iOS or Android devices I am met with a black screen.

NOTE: There appears to be no errors spat out during the build process. As far as i can tell on iOS all flags and paths are being set correctly on the XCode Project. And when i get th black screen at runtime (where i should see a loading screen). There are no errors, no exceptions being logged. Just nothing. So its not a crash, its just...nothing.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or something similar? Is it perhaps some weird timing issue that is leading me to some sort of deadlock or race condition on device thats resulting in a black screen?

Looking for any input or thought on this one. I have no doubt it's something I've missed in the process of updating since the demo project worked with no problems. I'm just not sure what.

Thanks for any help/input anyone may have.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

As a slight addition, still not making any real progress on this one. Comparing the camera and movie classes to the demo, everything that needs to be there seems to be. I've also confirmed with some log messages that the SWF is definitely loaded and created from the createGameHud method.

Message 3 of 3

Ok finally managed to get around this problem, and have the project now loading in editor and on device with no issues, Still unsure what the specific cause was, I've essentially just re-written the camera and movie class i was using in new classes, copy pasting over all the non-core methods that i had added, at first glance i still cant see the diference but at this point i'll just take the victory and move on to other problems.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report