Announcements
The Scaleform forum is now read-only. Please head to the Gamedev site for product support.
Scaleform Forum (Read Only)
Scaleform enables developers to leverage the power of the Adobe® Flash® tool set to create powerful user interface environments for video games.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMP under-reporting memory usage

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
270 Views, 0 Replies

AMP under-reporting memory usage

Hi,

I'll return to my previous thread regarding CPU usage with some more figures, but I have a different question about memory use this time. AMP seems to be under-reporting Scaleform's memory use quite significantly. If I run an empty scene, our baseline process memory use on iPhone is 43.5MB. If I add an SFCamera to the scene, with no SWFs loaded, the memory usage is 49MB. If I then load all our SWFs, the memory usage rises to 76.8MB. However, AMP at this stage reports only 14.4MB total memory footprint.

What/where is the remaining 18.9MB (76.8 - 43.5 - 14.4)? The test scene has no other data loaded, only Scaleform and our SWF files. Is there some way of reducing it? In our case this hidden memory seems to grow over time, to the point that when fully running Unity reports its total memory use as around 170MB, but the process memory is 270MB, which is causing our app to get terminated.

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report