Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Diagram Results

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
vitor.gomes
643 Views, 5 Replies

Wrong Diagram Results

Hi! 

I'm a Civil Engineering student from Brazil, and i'm starting learning how to use Robot.
Its bad it doesn't has Braziian codes on it... But here is my problem.

When I set a load on my structure, and dont use a combination, the first thing i see in the results, is that the diagrams are almost of the time wrong... For a small difference, but they are wrong. And I delete the Self Weight, to use only the load.

Can someone help me with this? Why is it happening?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

My assumption is that most likely there is some difference in the way created your model and your hand calculations. If you attach both I'll try to have a look at them.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 6

Try this exercice using only the load. Bending Moment in the indicated point should be 16KNm. Thats what my hand calculations tell me, and other programs. I didnt atach it couse its too big, and in my calcutations i used repression moviment. 

I'm sending my robot strucuture too.

Message 4 of 6
vitor.gomes
in reply to: vitor.gomes

Here is what another program tells me.. I checked it in hand calculations, and its right...

Message 5 of 6

The value of teh bending moment for a structure like this depends on the stiffness of the elements of the model (EJ). Compare:

bending moment1.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 6 of 6

Yea, Bro! It worked! Thanks anyway, and sorry for my delay in aswer and my stupid question.. Couse when we did hand calculations, the EA wasnt useful, couse it cancel.

But its ok!

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report