Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wood orthotropic/laminated wood

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
inter1560
3828 Views, 5 Replies

Wood orthotropic/laminated wood

Hello, 
is it possible to set different oriented laminated wood characteristics? Please find it attached.

I am able to create new material and orthotropic material but for whole layer, but i can't my section devide into 3 or 5 or 7 layer oriented (example.: 0*, 90*, 0*,90*,0* degree)

Thank you in advance

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I assume that if your panel is intended to work under tension rather than bending you still could try to use the orthotropy type you indicated based on the thickness of layers in each direction and the entire thickness. Otherwise the possible solution is to use the orthotrophy definition shown on the attached picture but in such case you need to find the formulas that describe each of the stiffness (I'm sorry butt I don't have any reference to indicate).

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 6
cairoliangelo
in reply to: inter1560

For me, this is the best way for calculation of the X-Lam.

Message 4 of 6

Hi there,

Would you mind sending me a link to the original document from which these pages are please?

Thanks in advance,

Shannon

Message 5 of 6

Hi @shannonphoebe

You may check if you can find the relevant part ion one of the documents available from here:

http://www.promolegno.com/formazione/corso-edifici-multipiano-documentazione/

@cairoliangelo Is this the correct link?

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 6 of 6

No,

The document that I have posted several years ago (that is lost..) is a part
of a book not online

Sorry.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report