Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
244 Views, 1 Reply

wind load

Hi Artur & Rafal,

I have a model, which has hollow-core slab. The hollow core slab should transfer the horizontal wind load to core of the building. In Robot, I have modelled  it as diaghragm one-way slab and the supporting beam as fffxxx and ffxxxx. I get a lot of instabily problem, but as i change the beam release to ffxxxx and ffxxxx, the instabilty decreases to one. The instability that robot says, it is not located in end of beam, which is a little bit strange.
My second problem is that I am new to Robot, I do not know, how to check, whether the wind load is transferred to core wall. I just want to see the shear, moment and stresses that are produced from the wind in the core wall. I will really appreciate, if you could show a step by step instruction. I have attached the model.

Thanks in advance. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: 1426229

1. You should not define releases for all bars meeting in one node (nodes  1018 1021 1026 1027)

2. After setting Skyline solver only instabilities of type 3 are reported. This suggests the difference in stiffness of elements due to use of RLink elements

3. To check replace all slab flexible diaphragm 1 calculation model panel type with curtain wall one -> no instability reported

To check the results - select wind case as active and display maps of e.g. displacements, bending moments or shear forces.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report