Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wind dynamic/fluctuating/ripple component

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Jummybear
357 Views, 3 Replies

wind dynamic/fluctuating/ripple component

Hi guys!

Is it possible in robot to calculate the dynamic/fluctuating/ripple (i dont know which one is the best word to describe it) component of wind load to the structure?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

According to my knowledge some wind codes allow you to model this by multiplication of a wing load by a certain factor e.g. 1.8. Otherwise you can try to use time history analysis.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4

Thx for the answer. Can you tell me wich code it was? 1,8 is used instead of 1,5 or both of them are in use? And one more thing: can you bring some example of using time history analyses? I have never used it before... Have you some step by step manual?

Message 4 of 4

The 1.8 is the additional load multiplicator (not the load factor I assume you refer to). It originates from Polish code (to be exact this value can be higher in case the structure is vulnerable to wind but then the value has to be calculated).

For THA analysis see: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Time-History-Analysis-for-a-rotating-motor/m...

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report