Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What might be reason for Check value not being zero

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
nany717
453 Views, 10 Replies

What might be reason for Check value not being zero

Hi

I have modeled a simple container configuration, in which i have to test for the reactions when subjected to accelerations. When I solve the model, i can see the sum of reactions is not equal to the sum of forces. 

What might be the reasons for this mismatch !? can someone point out, where I went wrong !

I have attached the model for reference. 

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: nany717

Ignored instability due to wrong material properties.

zero material.PNG

BTW: check if RECT_1 section is defined correctly (values should be in mm or cm)?

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 11
nany717
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Yes Artur, 

I intentionally created a dummy material without any properties, or very very less values for all the properties. 

How else can I model a container (of 25 ton weight) sitting on beams (HEB300), which are fastened to the deck/floor by welding ? 

The problem arises only with Y+/Y- acceleration cases, for the rest of the cases, it is giving the results as expected. Also, when I change the support spring stiffness even by 1kN/m value, the error is getting bigger and bigger. Please guide. 

Message 4 of 11
Artur.Kosakowski

As a nodal mass in its center of gravity with rigid links to connect it to the beams?

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 11
nany717

Yes, like that...

Message 6 of 11
nany717

Also, Artur

Is there any problem in using Spring supports instead of Pinned/Fixed. I am seeing some odd reactions.

Will there be any internal reactions generated because of the springs ?!
Message 7 of 11
Artur.Kosakowski

Should not be. Any instability reported?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 8 of 11
nany717

No instability reported. 

I have attached the file. 

See case2: HP Pump Weight. Check the reactions in Y direction. Strange!

This is the dead weight sitting on two beams, from your earlier suggestions, I am using good material properties.

Message 9 of 11
Artur.Kosakowski

I'd define the rigid link in a different way.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 10 of 11
nany717

I can see that the unwanted reactions got reduced.

but still, why am I getting those reaction forces in Y when I am applying Z acceleration on added mass ?!

asd.jpg

Message 11 of 11
Artur.Kosakowski

Due to the small bending of dummy bars at the locations with no rigid links which could not be defined as you already defined other rigid links there. If this is a concern you can replace one group of them with rigid bar elements.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report